We are all aware of the fact that numerous individuals out there believed that reflexology is one type of foot massage. For those who are interested to learn more about reflexology and its benefits, then be sure to continue reading this article. After you read this write-up, it will not just broaden your knowledge about reflexology but will also change your perception about it.
Definition of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. This kind of energy will help in enlivening our bodies and in healing itself as well. This involves the application of gentle pressure in the reflex points of our hands and bodies to bring deep relaxation and help return to the state-of-balance. Basically, this is called zone therapy.
Reflexology has its origin in China and the people utilized this form of therapy in treating pain and stress in their bodies. Thanks to the innovation of reflexology because the Chinese people successfully lead healthy and balanced lives. Due to the popularity and effectiveness of reflexology, it is not surprising for it to become very famous around the world. Today, you can come across growing number of wellness and health spas that showcase reflexology as one of their services.
How We Can Benefit from Reflexology?
Given the non-invasive methods used in reflexology, anyone can undergo this form of therapy, regardless of their gender, age and health conditions. Research reveals that many individuals out there make use of reflexology to treat pain as well as arthritic problems. This particular method is also known far and wide in treating different kinds of psychological and physical issues. Listed below are the other rewards of reflexology:
1. You can use reflexology to treat the different kinds of pain in your body.
2. You can use this particular method to relax your body.
3. You can use this method to improve the flow and circulation of blood in your body.
4. You can use reflexology in regulating the cholesterol level of your body.
5. There are also those who use reflexology to regulate the pressure of blood in their bodies.
6. It also stimulates the nerve functions.
7. Reflexology is also used in improving the immune system of our bodies.
7. There are also oncologists who used reflexology in complementing cancer care by easing the nausea, vomiting, pain and anxiety felt by cancer patients.
8. Numerous reports also show that doctors use it in easing pregnant women through delivery as well as post partum effects after they give birth.
9. Some even undergo reflexology to get relief and treatment for their kidney diseases, insomnia, asthma, allergies, skin diseases, gastrointestinal problems and etc.